About the Journal
Social Work Education, Research and Action (SWERA) is the official journal of the National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI). It is a peers-reviewed journal designed to share and disseminate knowledge, and promote exchange in thefields of social work, research and, community actions programmes. SWERA aims at advancingthe theory, bridging the gap between theory and practice, and developing the indigenousknowledge for the fraternity. It provides a platform to the educators, researchers, and practitioners ofsocial work for publishing their innovative ideas in the form of articles, research papers, and bookreviews. SWERA is published thrice in a year.
National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI)
NAPSWI is a non-profit, non-political, national organization dedicated to the promotion ofstandards and enhancement of the status of the social work profession. It is one of the largestassociations of social work professionals in India. NAPSWI was born in 2005, following theconcerns of professional social workers to cater to the need of having an organization at thenational level. Since its inception, it has been making attempts to bring professional socialworkers on one platform, so that a collective identity of the profession could emerge. NAPSWIintends to fulfil the twin purposes of promoting the social work profession within the countryand safeguarding and protecting the interests of Social work professionals.For more details please visit www.napswi.org
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
- Before submitting the manuscript, authors are advised to ensure that they have carefully read and observed the following guidelines:
- A Full-length article/paper submission must be in English, typed in MS-Word in Times New Roman with font size 12 and not more than 7,000 words in length and double-spaced throughout including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references etc.
- An abstract of not more than 100 words describing the article's main findings and conclusions must be included along with 3-5 keywords.
- In addition, the journal is interested in brief notes of up to 2,000 words, on topics such as reports of research in progress, examples of unresolved problems, descriptions of policy, and current programmes that would be of interest to the social work fraternity.
- Bibliographical references should be arranged alphabetically and given at the end of the text in the APA Referencing Style (Latest Edition) only.
- The name of Principal/First Author and authorship order (in case of two or more authors) should be based on the substantive contribution of the individuals involved, regardless of their status as per the ‘International Standards for Authors’.
- All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be listed in an ‘Acknowledgements’ section. Any such acknowledgement should appear first at the end of the article prior to references.
- Authors must furnish the full contact details including name, designation, affiliating institution. The details of Corresponding Author including e-mail ID, mailing address and contact number should be presented separately to the main text of the article/paper.
- All papers must be submitted through e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuscripts not conforming to above guidelines will be rejected.
- SWERA observes to a rigorous review policy in which a duly constituted Committee will review the submitted article/papers and reserves the right to edit the materials and/or ask for modifications and resubmission of the same. Information regarding acceptance/rejection will be communicated to the authors subsequently.
NAPSWI is committed to the highest academic, professional, legal, and ethical standards in publishing in SWERA andtakes the issues of copyright infringement, plagiarism or other breaches of best practice in publication very seriously. It seeks to protect the reputation of the journal against malpractice. Hence, submitted articles will be checked with duplication-checking software. Where an article is found to have plagiarised other work or included third-party copyright material without permission or with insufficient acknowledgement or where the authorship of the article is contested, While SWERA reserves the right to take action including taking up the matter with the head of institution/department or dean of the author's institution and/or relevant academic bodies or societies; banning the author from publication in the SWERA or appropriate legal action, the authors shall be held solely responsible for any consequential outcomes, damages, compensation in any form. Any correspondence, queries or requests for additional information with regard to manuscript submission should be sent to the editorial office, whereas other queries can be directed to Managing Editor.
Prof. R.B.S. Verma
Professor & Head, Department of Social Work, Jain Vishva Bharti Institute (Deemed University), Ladnun, Rajasthan - 341306
Prof. Sanjai Bhatt
Department of Social Work, University of Delhi, Delhi - 110007.
Mobile: 09811516636 (M),